As an intern for Concord 51 you will learn a great deal, not only about politics but also about finance, marketing, and how to be a part of a successful start-up. The working environment is youthful, energetic, and highly motivated. You are just as important to the team as its founders, who are as invested in your experience as they are in the PAC's success.
Working for Concord 51 as an Intern you will:
- Spearhead projects of your own conception
- Plan future events for political candidates
- Develop social media outreach strategies
- Evolve strong organizational skills
- Learn how to provide website support both technical and editorial, update content and publish news stories
- Experience producing communication materials such as press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Plot a pathway to becoming a responsible policymaker
Overall, we are looking for young people with innovative ideas and excellent critical thinking skills who thrive in a team setting. As an intern you will always have the opportunity to make your voice heard and contribute directly to the day-to-day operations of Concord 51. On some occasions you may even be asked to travel with members of the board to cities such as Washington, DC and Boston to get a first-hand understanding of Concord 51's inner workings. You will also have the opportunity to socialize with, and learn from, our vast network of board members and young professionals. You will come away from this internship with not only a valuable experience, but valuable contacts as well.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Matthew Swift (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please let us know specifically your availability during the summer of 2013. Strong applicants will be asked to interview in person or by phone/Skype (depending on location and availability).